Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Commands Crashed IOS

ergonullu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying connect to my Cisco 3548 which is crashed via RJ45.Could anybody help me with the Set commands for RJ 45 Connections ?

Thx

Ersin

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Cisco 3548 switches do not support set commands as these switches do not run CatOs but they are IOS based. To make changes into the configuration, you need to go to configuration mode by typing #configure terminal. just like you do in routers.

hope this helps....

Regards

Shaheen

Hi

Unfortunately system is crashed during IOS upgrade.I need to install the old IOS back but could not login to the system.I have old IOS in my tftp local laptop but I need to define ip addresses for RJ45 connection over ethernet port.For that reason I need set commands for the switch

Regards

Ersin

Hi Ersin,

Ah, ok

here is the process, the process is common across most platforms, incase if tftpdnld does not work then you will need to use xmodem process, which takes long time to upload the IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/820/software/configuration/guide/rommon.html

good luck.....

Shaheen

If you end up doing xmodem then increase your console speed on the switch and your emulator to 115200 bps and a a 3548 image will take less than 10 minutes , if you leave it at the default it will probably take like 1 and half hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: