Views
Helpful
Replies

set IP address of L3 switch using SNMP

ajeni0001
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am using cisco catalust 3560-x series swtiches. And I am new to SNMP. I want to assign IP address to interfaces of this switch, using SNMP.  Kindly help me. Any help, any sugession, is most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jeni A

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not clear on your question. You are trying to assign IP addresses to interfaces using SNMP?

Or you are trying to configure SNMP for your management application?

HTH

Thanks for your response :)

I am trying to assign IP address to interfaces using SNMP.

ok, if you want to assign IP address to a physical interface on the 3750x, here are the commands:

example:

config t

inter gi1/0/1

no switchport

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

no sh

if you want to assign IP address to a vlan interface, here are the commands:

config t

int vlan 10

ip add 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

no sh

than you add vlan 10 to any physical interface you want.

Is this what you are trying to do?

HTH

hi,

Thanks for your response.

Our requirement is as follows.

I want to assign IP address to Switch fro my Java Application. I have implemented  a Telnet Client Code in Java, by which i can configure IP address in switch from my java application.

But my boss said, Telnet is not secure and try using SNMP to do the same.

When I was searching in Internet, I got this page https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12090896/snmp-how-get-list-ip-addresses-and-corresponding-interface-names

The above thread gives object ID to GET IP address of Switch interface. This Object is Read-only.

In the similar way, is there any object, using which I can SET / assign IP address to switch interfaces.

waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

If your boss does not like telnet, can you develop the same java code for SSH?  SSH is secure.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card