Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

the Goal i'm trying to achieve is having a Cisco outer 2801 (which is the internet ip: 75.150.67.105) open a port 3001 tcp to give internet to another cisco device with a IP of 172.16.8.40interface FastEthernet0/0ip address 75.150.67.105 255.255.255....

Hello, I am getting these warnings on Cisco 2960 switches that connect up together using multi mode fibre. The cables are no longer than 150m between the switches. The switches are using GLC-SX-MMD SFPs. The warnings: %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: ...

I have a stack of three cat 3850 switches running IOS-XE 3.03.00SE.  I need to upgrade them to 3.03.05SE to resolve outstanding security bulletins.Most of the devices connecting to the stack have redundant connections to two different switches in the...

darthnul by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i try to make link aggregation group between Cisco sg300  switch. In these switch between two link first POINT TO POINT LINK and second link fiber optic.Both link active but when i shut the port of fiber optic then communication has been stop on the ...

kabeer350 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 hosts connected to the same switch. Each host it set to execute an FTP at 9000 BytesSwitch ports are both configured for 2500 Bytes What happens when a 9K byte frame is received on the switch interfaces? They drop them, right?

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been placed into a network role for a customer while my expertise is much more desktop / server oriented.  I do have my CCENT and have been working on the CCNA so I am not completely lost, but I cant figure this out and the deadline is approac...

c.ray.web by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a question about how to influence the routes learned from a specific EIGRP neighbour. We have one multi-access vlan with 2 core switches and 2 routers. Switch A and Switch B have the same routes (shared VLANs). Router A and Router B have al...

csco by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hopefully this would help to all of you that have packet loss or TCP retransmissions, due to the fact that the ARP timeout is an absolute timer and not an activity timer like the MAC Address Table Aging Time. This is an expected behavior in this type...

mmorapar by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Having issues  with new core on 7710's upgraded from 6.2(8a) to 6.2(10) running ACL's on all SVI's, Netflow, and DHCP Snooping with one VDC added along side the admin VDC with 2 F348 line cards and dual-sups.  The 6.2.10 upgrade was due to TCAM erro...

Hi,I am testing on lab equipment (2 Catalyst 3550 and 1 Catalyst 3560) HSRP version 1 and 2.I successfully created a load balancing between the two Catalyst 3550 on a couple of vlans (11 and 12) on ver 1now, just adding the command "standby xx versio...

Hi there,I have an C4900M with twingig converter and SFP GLC-LX-SMD in. So the SFP supports DOM function. It is running on 12.2(53)SG2.I would to the see the optical power level of the SFP, but it does not recognize 'show interface transceiver' comma...

wrgu by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes