cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up SG300 multiple vlans, access to modem/internet.

empirebattles
Level 1
Level 1

I am a networking newbie, and am attempting to assist my church with something that is far above my understanding. My experience lays more in development/programming, not so much networking.
I know I need to setup vlans for some things (internet, private server, security cameras, media production severs).
Things that have access to one vlan, should not always have access to others, but just about everything needs to have access to internet.
Right now, we have a lot of home-grade network equipment (dumb switches, and basic wifi routers). We already have a few SG300's, as we knew we needed to get into vlans, and that was recommended to us. However, while i've been playing around, i have yet to figure out a way to provide internet access from modem (no DHCP at modem), to multiple vlans, without in turn giving devices on those vlans access to eachother. Basically, the connected device(s) need to tunnel straight to the internet source without talking to anything else locally, unless it is on the same vlan.

I have one of the SG300's at home, and have been trying things, but my luck is... nil. 
I've seen some general concepts floating around for some ways to do this, but its going over my head, and am looking for something that will just get the effect of tunneling done.... beyond that, its not terribly difficult (i think  hahah)

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card