Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF350-08 DHCP server fails after power cycle

I am trying to setup a SF350 as a simple switch with a DHCP server.  I have the SF350 setup with one address pool.  After initial setup, the DHCP server is running and responds to DHCP requests as expected.  I save the configuration as a startup configuration.  After a power cycle, the settings are correct, however the switch does not respond to DHCP requests.  If I go and reapply the DHCP address pool setting, the DHCP server will start working again.

We have been using the SF300 in the past with no problems.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is now working,  I had to change the default IP address for the switch.

Now it is working as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

Suggest you save the dhcp binding table so can be restored as/when the router is reloaded.

config t
ip dhcp database tftp://x.x.x.x/dhcpbinding

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

The network is a very small closed network with limited (5) IP addresses and a 1 minute lease.  When the system is powered down, I do not want any bindings saved.   I want to start fresh.

Thank you for your quick reply.

It is now working,  I had to change the default IP address for the switch.

Now it is working as expected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card