Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP port configuration on 9300 switch to connect to Veritas appliances

danra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community friends,

Can someone help me with SFP port configuration on Teg Gig interface for Cisco 9300 switch to connect to Veritas appliance? What are all the things that i need to take under configuration for this setup? Any help from the community greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

So, it depends on your setup, but usually, you need to configure the port with the correct VLAN. Also, the port is generally configured as an access port because you only need to configure it with one vlan.

example:

config t

interface tex/x/x

switchport mode access

swtchport access vlan xxx

HTH

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as @Reza Sharifi mentioned depends how you connecting.

My view, is this ethernet or Fibre ?  (when i used deployed some time back we had Ethernet delivery - does not have SFP, it has more ports so you can bundle for best performance)

If the new model have SFP port Make sure use right optics for both the side to work, Cisco side need to use Cisco Option 10G-SR for Cisco side MM fiber

Configure wise simple as mentioned in the post, if you looking High availability, then Port-bundle configuration required with right hashing algorithm to work as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

So, it depends on your setup, but usually, you need to configure the port with the correct VLAN. Also, the port is generally configured as an access port because you only need to configure it with one vlan.

example:

config t

interface tex/x/x

switchport mode access

swtchport access vlan xxx

HTH

Thank you, Reza!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as @Reza Sharifi mentioned depends how you connecting.

My view, is this ethernet or Fibre ?  (when i used deployed some time back we had Ethernet delivery - does not have SFP, it has more ports so you can bundle for best performance)

If the new model have SFP port Make sure use right optics for both the side to work, Cisco side need to use Cisco Option 10G-SR for Cisco side MM fiber

Configure wise simple as mentioned in the post, if you looking High availability, then Port-bundle configuration required with right hashing algorithm to work as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you, Balaji!

aniketlole7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @balaji.bandi sir, Now Veritas coming with SFP and ethernet module. it comes with appliance and backup for backup eth module and for appliances we are using fiber module.

@danra  accordingly configure ports. for redundancy configure port in LACP mode.

Thank you, Aniketlole!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card