Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26FP - Intermitent Activity

cjsomclo14989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently received a SG200-26FP POE switch to upgrade my network to allow gigabit LAN. While attempting to setup the switch, I tested the switch by plugging in a few things, to see if there was any kind of network through the switch (yes). However I could not figure out the webGUI address since it doesn't have a console port. I looked up the model number, downloaded the user guide, Reset the switch to factory per user guide directions and went to the address listed as default. At first, any port I connected my laptop into would not show activity but my laptop showed a connection. It would show packets being sent but none receiving. I unplugged the switch (10 secs) and plugged it back in. System light started flashing (hasn't stopped flashing since I've reset to factory - User guide states it could be awaiting an IP address from DHCP), then the port connected would show activity for about 5-10 seconds then turn off. However, the laptop would show continuous connectivity throughout the time the switch had power. I tried online forums that suggested disconnecting all devices and holding the reset button for 35 secs waiting 3 mins then plugging a device into the switch. While the activity lights did come on for about 3 minutes, it is still having the same symptoms. I've tried 30/30/30 reset (idea from other routers), same result. I don't know the firmware version because I haven't been able to access the GUI since I've received it. I'm now stuck and am reaching out to the CISCO pros. Please, HELP!!!

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the first thing you want to do is check if the switch runs the latest firmware (which is 1.4.8.06). If not, update the firmware...

Zanthra
Level 1
Level 1

Can you try a tool like Wireshark to see if you get any non-IP frames from the switch such as spanning tree or CDP frames? If you counter is only counting IP packets it could be an IP configuration problem on the laptop, but a good ethernet connection.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card