Views
Helpful
Replies

SG250 10p no network

JeVe112941
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Im having some difficuties getting an SG250 10P Poe switch to work.

I have 3 accesspoints connected to it using POE.

One of the accesspoints keeps losing its connection, always the same one.

I see that the accesspoint is on, but there is no traffic

what i Already tried:

• Reset the Switch
  • reset the AP
  • replace network cables
  • replace the AP
  • update the firmware of the Switch

no luck, is there something i'm missing? I see that the AP is on (light of POE is on) but no activity, i have to put it in an different port to get it to work again for an few hours.

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you also have a test with swapping AP's on that particular location in order to check that you don't have a cabling problem (e.g.).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ive swapped the AP's, problem moves with the AP.

- Then you need to look further into the sanity and  or health of the involved AP. If it's standalone have logging enabled , preferably use a syslog server if possible and followup on the logs during troublesome times.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,
The AP has been replaced with a brand new and known good AP.
Still the same issue.
Kind Regards,
Joost

- Compare the software version running on this AP with the version installed on the two good ones. If different then sync and or install the same version, so that all three are the running the same software version. Check if the problem persists afterwards.

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card