cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10 Redundant Link

genielx
Level 1
Level 1

EDIT: Ignore this, I've realised I'm being stupid and you can add ports 9 & 10 to a LAG!

Hi,

I have a setup with 4x SG300-10 switches, two in one location and two in another. I'm trying to create a redundant link between the switches, my original plan was as below.

Switch Config.jpeg

Essentially I want to make it so that if either the red or blue links fail then all four switches can still communicate with each other. To achieve this I had planned on using LAG between ports 9 & 10 however I don't seem to be able to use ports 9 & 10 in a LAG. Problem with that is that the red and blue links are fibre links so need to use port 9 or 10 as they're the only ones that can have an SPF module in them.

Is there a way to achieve this that I'm missing?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hello,

ports 9 and 10 are special purpose combo ports, make sure they al have the same media type, a LAG should then be possible. What message do you get when you try to put them in a LAG ?

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @genielx,

Greetings,

I am a little bit confused, what's the problem?

I understood that you have only 1 free ports in each switch (port number 10) as ports number 9 are already used.

According to this switch, there are 10 ports all of them can be used for fiber optic using SFPs,

while port 9 and 10 can be used whether for an ethernet or for fiber (combo ports) ! 

which means - for example - if you used it for fiber optic connection, the ethernet port will be empty.

Please correct if I don't understand correctly,

Please, don't forget to rate all helpful responses and mark solutions!

Bst Rgds,

Andrew Khalil

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card