Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 inter vlan routing

MSbone1995
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just got my Cisco SG300 28, but I have some problems getting the routing to work. I get the vlans to get to the router, with the default route. But not getting them to talk with each other. I can ping the IPs from the cisco, but I am not getting traffic to go from vlan 1 to vlan 2. When I try to google, it say that it should do it automatically, and I found no setting for it. It looks like it not creating any route for the interfaces. Here is a picture to show what I am trying to do.

VatneLAN_netverk(2).png

2 Replies 2

singhaam007
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ole,

pease see if this can help

http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=60173

thanks

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ole, the SG300 by default is a layer 2 switch. The first thing to do, ensure you're running the 1.1.2.0 or 1.2.7.76 code. This means your router must support the vlans/interfaces and dot1q encapsulation for this to work. If you do not wish this outcome, you may use the switch for layer 3 functionality.

If you wish for the L3 functionality, log in to the CLI and use the command "set system mode router" then "reload".  This will factory default reset the switch then after the reboot, the switch will be layer 3.

After you're finished loading, readd the vlans

config t

vlan database

vlan 2,3,4,5, etc

Next, assign an IP address to the vlan interface

config t

int vlan 1

ip address 192.168.1.254 /24

int vlan 2

ip address 192.168.2.254 /24

etc

After adding the IP addresses to the VLAN interface and there is an active link on the VLAN, the switch will dynamically build the directly connected routes. You may verify the routes with "show ip route"

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card