Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350x No POE Stats

corrigun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have an SG350X-48P (firmware 2.3.5.63) being used as an access switch that I just plugged two POE cameras into. I am showing no power use (0%) from either the GUI or from the CLI using "show power inline" which obviously can't be true since they both work. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
if its not a firmware issue there maybe a hardware POE problem , it should be auto and they should work without any configuration, and these switches support POE and POE+ , do the cameras use one of those types ?
if yes i would look at trying another firmware first ,if problem still persists could be hardware , POE has blown on switches on me before but usually just a port or 2 here an there not the whole switch

Both cameras do work and everything else seems normal. I just do not show any power being used with cannot be true.

to me that sounds like the software , hardware's working but software's not able to read the stats or provide them
You could check the release guides see if you can find a corresponding bug or just upgrade to a newer release if possible

so the cams are PoE capable,

but just checking the obvious:

- they do not have local power supply connected?

- if you disconnect the cam you see the switchport going down ? (that is: the cams ARE connected to THIS switch?)

Yes the cameras go off if they are unplugged from the switch and power on on when plugged into it. There are no injectors on these units. We have dozens of cameras both IP and coax so I am very familiar with how it all works.

Most of our other IP cams are in a dedicated Aruba POE switch but we needed two new ones in close proximity to this Cisco switch so we used it instead.

found some bug related to PoE in the release notes,

but specifies a 4-member stack, does this apply?

Cisco bug csvf88706.PNG

No this is a standalone unit but thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card