Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Experts , I can understand it 's one of those very basic questions , but how do I identify a Switch is Layer 2 or Layer 3 ?Looking through # show version command and checking the IOS version to be IP BASE or LAN BASE . Is it the right way ?Cisco 2...

There is one switch--WS-C3560X-24T-Swhich is used as Core in my LAN but this device supports only 4 fiber based ports means only 4 device can be connected in dual manner from other rooms on fiber port.is there any way so that we can increase fiber ba...

knaik99 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As of now server A is accesible from external network accessing it using the below mentioned IP and port in http browserhttp://x.x.x.x:8080For the same we have configured port forwarding (static NAT) in the cisco 1905 ISR.Also from internal network t...

HI, have 2 Nexus 5k (NX-OS version 5.2(1)N1(3)) in vPC domain and several dual-homed FEX (switch-profile, conf sync)...LLDP is enable globally by feature lldp, tried to disable lldp on fex interface, but there is no command under conf sync mode to do...

aukhadiev by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking for Cisco document which says that default I/O Memory Utilization of Cisco 2960S is about ~85%.I would also like to know, what is the Impact of High I/O Utilization with respect to Cisco 2960S?(Required cisco document, where its mention ...

Hi, I have a scenario where I need to do MAC address filtering on the VLAN. Usually for this configuration I only can see how to block certain MAC. However on my scenario, I wanted to allow only certain MAC on the specific VLAN. I already run below c...

Sayyidi91 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've got a switch with the following AAA config, which let's me log in via SSH with local accounts as expected.aaa new-model ! aaa group server tacacs+ TACGRP server name tac1 server name tac2 ip tacacs source-interface Vlan1 ! aaa authentication ...

Hey All, We have a Cisco 4507-R-E switch. One of the power supplies went out, so I took a power supply out of a Cisco chassis we are not longer using. The power supply that went out is a PWR-C45-2800ACV. The power supply I replaced it with is the sam...

Hello,I'm unable to use the netflow "sh ip flow top-talkers"I have the message "% Cache is empty"I configured :ip flow-top-talkerstop 10sort by bytesOn all interfaces (and SVI) ip flow ingress CEF is running on all interfaces and also on my SVI.The s...

OlivierG by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes