Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350XG-2F10 flapping port

madarasz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I would like to ask you for help with my problem.

Description of environment:

2 switches SG350XG-2F10 in stack. 

ProLiant DL380 Gen10 with 2 network cards Adapter 1 - HPE Eth 10/25Gb 2p 640FLR-SFP28 Adptr, Adapter 2 - HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530T Adapter

Adapter1 connected with both ports to unit2 port -XG11 and XG12

Adapter2 connected with port 1 to unit 1 port 7, and port2 to unit 2 port 7

The problem is the port7 of unit 1 is flapping. It does not matter if I connect it to unit1 or unit2 to any free port it is still flapping. We thougth the problem is the adapter but it was changed and problem still persist. If I will connect the cable to other switch which is not in the stack it works correct. 

Could anybody help me what should I try or what can be the problem? 

Thank you and have a nice day. 

Regards Martin

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check port counters on the flapping ports , check error-related counters.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi thank you for fast reply, There is 0 packets with errors. 

- Have devices at the other end such as the Proliant checked for networking errors through the tools that the operating system provides , in Windows you have for instance eventvwr , here is an example : https://kb.iu.edu/d/bfvh

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

there is vsphere and I tried it to find cause the problem but without any network error.

Hello,

sounds like it could be related to spanning tree. Can you try and disable spanning tree on port 7 of stack unit 1 ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xseries/2_5_7/Administration/tesla-350-550/cb_350_chapter_11.html#ID-00003889

Hi, Thank you, I tried it but same result of flapping

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card