cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG550X-48 stackable change from Master to standalone

craigNi532
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new sg550x-48P stackable managed switch.    I configured offline using serial and cli,  I noticed that the stack config has it as unit id 1 and Role master.    They dont use stacks at this site  all other switches are SG550X  using trunk ports and are set at standalone.    will it affect the rest of the network at master and if so where do I set the stack to standalone?   

I thought converting to standalone would be rather simple in CLI but couldnt find the command and nothing in GUI

what am I missing or missed ?

Thanks 

Craig 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

By default all stackable swithes are switch1 role master so just leave it, the switch will just run fine as it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not familiar with this type of switch, but maybe you can configure the switch with "no stack configuration"

see step-5 in this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5555-configure-stack-settings-on-a-switch-through-the-command-lin.html

HTH

Than ks for reply  I tried that and it does not allow standalone mode.  Im wondering if I need to load another image?

Im hoping it will work fine in our trunking network  but it being master concerns me abit   craig

Craig,

Im hoping it will work fine in our trunking network  but it being master concerns me abit

Since you are not using stacking, having a standalone switch acting as the master is not going to affect the rest of your environment. 

HTH

Hello

By default all stackable swithes are switch1 role master so just leave it, the switch will just run fine as it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

sherrijackson
Level 1
Level 1

This article provides instructions on how to configure stack settings through the Command Line Interface:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5555-configure-stack-settings-on-a-switch-through-the-command-lin.html

Most of the scenarios assume at least two switches are connected through their stacking ports.

domyhomework4me.onl

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card