Just looking for some feedback on the following requirement. We have an IPTV solution going in spread over a few floors. The Specification says the following with my comments in Blue and red. Red being where I'm unsure.
The specification says Certified Switches are 2960's but am I wrong I can do it with SG550x's? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
IPTV Spec requirements
- VLAN support - SG550x supports
-Trunked ports (Ports that allow multiple VLAN tagged traffic as well as untagged traffic using PVID) - SG550x supports
Multicast traffic features:
- IGMP v2 support (IGMP v3 support also desirable) - SG550x supports
- IGMP snooping support per VLAN - SG550x supports
- Fast Leave - SG550x supports - Immediate Leave
- Multicast traffic filtering - SG550x supports
- Rules to allow/block multicast traffic per port based on source port or multicast id - ??? The SG550X has ACLs that can provide source port based allow/block but I cant see where I could specify Multicast ID in ACL's or other location. I dont think the SG550x can do this.
- Switch must be able to act as querier per VLAN. - SG550x supports
- QoS classification based on VLAN if multiple services are run on the switches (ability to assign a priority to multicast traffic also desirable) - ??? I cant see this as an option. I can only see options to apply Qos to physical interfaces or ACL's and there is not an option to apply to a Vlan. I think the issue here is if multiple separate instances of IPTV use the same QOS settings you would have to have a Qos mappings per vlan.
-SNMP for monitoring - SG550x supports
-Support for Microsoft multicast load balancing - This is at the Core and we have a 4500 Chassis so am ok with this.
In the last year, we’ve seen substantial changes in how enterprises conduct business. When the pandemic hit, it exposed gaps in business continuity plans, and it showcased the need to quickly deploy and remotely manage secure connections.
On 18th December 2020, Cisco announced the latest IOS XE release - Cisco IOS XE Bengaluru 17.4.1a
The first one in the Cisco IOS XE Bengaluru release series, IOS XE 17.4.1a unlocks various routing features and enhancements comprehensively c...
Exploring business options for a SD-WAN managed serviceLogicalis UK offers a rapid, cost effective deployment with ngenaAdvantages that make a differenceSummary of benefits:Looking forwardResources
This event had place on Tuesday 19th, January 2021 at 10...
(view in My Videos)
Community Live- May the SD-WAN Force Be With You
This event took place on Tuesday 19th, January 2021 at 10:00hrs PDT
In this session attendees received an introduction to Software Defined-WAN (SD-WAN) and the importance of ...
Cisco Champion Radio · S8|E3 The Cisco DNA Center Machine Reasoning Engine
Machine Reasoning is a new category of AI/ML that you will soon hear a lot about. It saves your IT team time by automating complex and tedious networking tasks. It can also...