I realize this is just a small business switch, basically a rebranded Linksys, but I'm out of ideas as to why I'm only getting 200Mbits/s
- 48 port - 10/100/1000 , set to standalone mode
- 3 separate PCs on this switch , all are fast machines with Core 2 duo / plenty of RAM etc...
- all 3 auto-sense 1Gbps connection
I use iperf tool for bandwidth testing and no matter which PC I pick as server, which as client I get about 150 to 250Mbits/s
I am not looking for full 1000 here, but 200 seems rather sad....
- jumbo frames seem to make no difference
- I am using TCP test in iperf , standard no extra flags , 10 seconds, 20 seconds or even 30 seconds all come out the same.
- wiring is shady as some of it is just Cat5 , but when going from one laptop on the switch to another with brand new Cat6 cables I STILL only got 200.
Replace switch with a crossed cable between systems, and repeat the test.
Let us know the results.
Were you able to resolve this issue because I seem to be experiencing the same problem on the SGE 2010?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: