cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SH commands not available in IOS cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.XO.150-2.XO.bin

joannagodinho
Level 1
Level 1

SSH commands not available in IOS cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.XO.150-2.XO.bin

I just recently upgraded to universal k9 as the k9 versions usually include the crypto, shh commands however I still do not have access to these commands, is there anything I must to to enable these?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you have them before ?  Unless you had them before you won't have them now. You would have to pay to upgrade to a more advanced license feature and cisco will give you a license key to turn on these features. A universal image does indeed have all feature sets but you have to have the correct licenses to activate what you need.

Thanks for the reply.

These are new 4507 and initially came with cat4500e-universal.03.02.00.XO pre-loaded, that image didnt have the ssh commands so I was told I needed the k9 version which made sense, I followed the usual procedure for booting into the new code and despite showing when you issue show boot var and in the running config it hasn't actually loaded the k9 image.

I will need to reboot now again and stop auto-boot to enter ROMMON and boot the new image from there, and hopefully I will have my ssh commands then.

We've enterpresie services license.

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card