cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared DHCP snooping database

Cassio Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to share the DHCP snooping database between two or more switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Did you tried with write-delay timeout capabilities? I'm sure you can do that for 4500 but not sure about 2960 but I guess so.

thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Did you configured three storage of the binding database locally or on a tftp server?

If it is stored on a tftp it will be accessible from another switch.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your answer.

I configured the same URL for my two lab switches, one is the 4500R and the other is a 2960S.

If I configure the path on the 4500 first, it works. But once I configure the URL on the 2960, the 4500 starts to return write errors.

Hi

Did you tried with write-delay timeout capabilities? I'm sure you can do that for 4500 but not sure about 2960 but I guess so.

thanks

Thanks
Francesco

Now I've tried but still no success. I think the problem is the 4500, I'll try it again later with a different switch.

Thank you for your help, Francesco!

Ok no problem. Let me know if you need more help.

thanks

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: