cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared DHCP snooping database

Cassio Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to share the DHCP snooping database between two or more switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Did you tried with write-delay timeout capabilities? I'm sure you can do that for 4500 but not sure about 2960 but I guess so.

thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Did you configured three storage of the binding database locally or on a tftp server?

If it is stored on a tftp it will be accessible from another switch.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your answer.

I configured the same URL for my two lab switches, one is the 4500R and the other is a 2960S.

If I configure the path on the 4500 first, it works. But once I configure the URL on the 2960, the 4500 starts to return write errors.

Hi

Did you tried with write-delay timeout capabilities? I'm sure you can do that for 4500 but not sure about 2960 but I guess so.

thanks

Thanks
Francesco

Now I've tried but still no success. I think the problem is the 4500, I'll try it again later with a different switch.

Thank you for your help, Francesco!

Ok no problem. Let me know if you need more help.

thanks

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card