cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'show ip sockets' wont show active ssh (tcp port 22) socket connection

will
Level 3
Level 3

on newer models of cisco catalyst switches, such as c9200, and probably even 3650/3560 series, you are supposed to see the the active listening/open sockets with the command:

"show ip sockets"

but the active ssh = tcp 22 session is missing from this table of active open ports.

anybody have a clue? Also, is there a better command to run to get this information?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also try  "show ip tcp brief" or "show tcp brief"

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

1-
A similar command is show ip sockets on older IOS versions, but it doesn't seem to list TCP sockets. However, it will list other non-UDP protocols, like EIGRP.

2-TRY this command 

show control-plane host open-ports

3-

show tcp brief 
only show you the active connection (TCP) not show the port that router listen to.

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

try show tcp brief all command

will
Level 3
Level 3

thx to all who replied. I performed some various tests on certain models to help the community and show some desperation - LOL! This shouldn't be so difficult to do. these switches OS have been around for 20+ years. Common cisco!

So Im still not having much luck:

3560 Switch:

show tcp brief all - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show tcp brief - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show ip sockets - gets me mostly there will app udp/tcp ports, but missing tcp-22
show control-plane <anything> - command not available

C9200 Switch:

show tcp brief all - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show tcp brief - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show ip sockets - gets me mostly there will app udp/tcp ports, but missing tcp-22

C9300 Switch:

show ip tcp brief <all> - command not available on all platforms

show tcp brief all <<<<- NO IP with this command 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card