Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I'd like to know if the 10 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 interface of the CBS350-16XTS switch complies with the IEEE 802.3bz standard which allows to interface without loss of performance with:  2.5 Gigabit Ethernet5 Gigabit EthernetAnd backwards comp...

Translator by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a problem that doesn't make much sense. We boiled it down to the simplest case. We have 2 C1000 switched, a 24 port and a 16 port. We have port 23 of the 24 port trunked to port 16 of the 16 port. Both ports are configured as 'trunk' mode. On...

dgiambo1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I have an issue on Cisco switch 3750x ( 15.0(2)SE2 C3750E-IPBASEK9-M)suddenly current existing network has its DHCP pool all addresses excluded, created multiple new DHCP pool to test but same result ( screenshots).Cleared DHCP binding and cache but ...

adel85 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Expert I would like to know what is the difference and use case between SFP+ Twinax and SFP+ Active optical?Example SFP-H10GB-CU1M and SFP-10G-AOC1M.What I know is only it is copper and fiber cable, and the copper price is cheaper. Any difference ...

Hi all, I have a new Catalyst 9800 on 2 interfaces that are connected with MTU 9200, the rest of the interfaces will be  on 1500. My question is, will I have any affection to my system having this type of configuration, traffic coming with this diffe...

I have a 2 link portchannel between a clustered pair of c9500 and a c3850.  The config is simple enough, each end has the aggregate interface defined: interface Port-Channel1switchport mode trunk Member interfaces are defined like: interface TenGigab...

jmcgrady1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Is there away to find a sticky MAC on a different switch from the router/core? I realize port security does not span switches. I was looking for a way to find a Sticky MAC on a switch from the core that has been been aged out of the MAC address table...

d79dannyd by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Just wondering if theres any official documenetation on what the active logical port limit is for a 6800 running Sup2T supervisors.   I'm looking at tidying up STP but coincerned that the remediation works might push us temporarily over the l...