cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show ntp associations in NXOS?

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, in IOS I remmeber there was a way to find out to which NTP server you are associated with. We could do "show ntp associations", BUT would like to know what is the equivalent for that in NXOS. I can do "show run ntp" that will show me all my related ntp config, BUT how can I find out to which server I am associated with?

Whats the difference between a ntp server and ntp peer in nxos?

Thnx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, Could you please try:

show ntp peer-status

show ntp peers

show ntp statistics

show ntp status

With “ntp server” only the client can get the time from the server.

With “ntp peer” there is a peering relationship established and both can get the time from each other, regarding to the lower stratum.

http://blog.sazza.de/?p=301

Hope any of these will help.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, Could you please try:

show ntp peer-status

show ntp peers

show ntp statistics

show ntp status

With “ntp server” only the client can get the time from the server.

With “ntp peer” there is a peering relationship established and both can get the time from each other, regarding to the lower stratum.

http://blog.sazza.de/?p=301

Hope any of these will help.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thanks Bilal,

show ntp peer-status is what i was looking for. But the show command statement is itself misleading as I have not configured any peers. I am using the client-server relationships where my n5ks are clients which are synching time from ntp servers on the network. The command should have been something like "show ntp server-status".

Anyways it is what it is...thnx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco