Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulation and design

Anas Hazeen
Level 1
Level 1

Plz, can any one tell me

If there is any program that I can desgin a network with Routers and switches, and make simulation on it to test and see the result

and thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Assalam-O-Alikum Anas,

Here is the link to the very best simulation program which is free....

http://www.gns3.net/

download and run this application. But you will need Cisco IOS for each platform. If you have CCO account with H/W and Software maintenance, then download and copy into relevant directory.

There are loads of technotes and video tutorials you can access from the same site as well as loads of tutorials on Youtube.com

Hope this helps....

Shaheen

View solution in original post

YANGCCIE4
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, as shahem said, GNS is very helpful as a practice or beginner. If you want to learn more better go to a lab with a real equipment. Because sometimes the output of the GNS might not like real environment, and it does not support have layer 3 switch function when I used it back to months ago.

hope it helps

Yang

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Assalam-O-Alikum Anas,

Here is the link to the very best simulation program which is free....

http://www.gns3.net/

download and run this application. But you will need Cisco IOS for each platform. If you have CCO account with H/W and Software maintenance, then download and copy into relevant directory.

There are loads of technotes and video tutorials you can access from the same site as well as loads of tutorials on Youtube.com

Hope this helps....

Shaheen

YANGCCIE4
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, as shahem said, GNS is very helpful as a practice or beginner. If you want to learn more better go to a lab with a real equipment. Because sometimes the output of the GNS might not like real environment, and it does not support have layer 3 switch function when I used it back to months ago.

hope it helps

Yang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card