Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow network connection

Hello,

Based on the diagram attached that i have designed, i am experiencing very slow connection to the internet. i don't know why, i might be that something is wrong on this topology. could someone suggest what would be. 

by the way the internet connection is very fast once i plugged a computer directly to the DSL modem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

so I would work back then from the modem as you know its not the issue

start with the router check from there is it slow to the internet , if not move back to the switch,

Check each interface in path to the internet that traffic flows through , see if its overloaded or experiencing errors on any of the interfaces that may be effecting the throughput of the traffic

look for crcs , input errors etc , check the TX/RX of interfaces too

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DSL often uses PPPoE, which takes 8 bytes from MTU, which can cause fragmentation and/or transient interruptions to traffic while PMTUD "does it thing".

If this is the case, and you're not already using a smaller IP MTU and IP TCP adjust-mss, setting those make result in a performance improvement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco