Replies

SNMP authentication failure

Junkerstein
Level 1
Level 1
Hello
I'm getting this message when I add the switch to the DNAC
Reason and Suggested Actions
SNMP Authentication Failure : NCIM12001: Device was not successfully authenticated via SNMP credentials. However, device is ping reachable. Either the mandatory protocol credentials are not correctly provided to Cisco DNA Center or the device is responding slow and exceeding the set timeout value. User can also run discovery again only for this device with correct credentials using the discovery feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Junkerstein
Level 1
Level 1

Firewall Blocking SNMP port from DNAC

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pieterh
VIP
VIP

the message is clear enough, the snmp-credentials are invalid!
=> check if the snmp-credentials in DNAC match with those configured on the switch

when adding the device to DNAC you specify CLI credentials, and snmp credentials
both default to globally defined credentials, but you may need to select snmpv3 instead of snmpv2 (as default)

you can "validate credentials" before adding the device, 

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Junkerstein 

Not sure if you hitting the bug CSCvr50499, if is a C9300 in stack and the stack master changed, then is this one. You must re-apply the SNMP config on the Switch, reload it and apply the SNMP again on the DNAC.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

@Ruben Cocheno 

I can't reload the switch (production) and I reconfigured the SNMP , but still authentication Failuer

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Junkerstein 

Just relayed what the bug says, so you might want to do it on your next maintenance window.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can run a "debug snmp"  on the switch then try to add the switch in DNA
and collect the  logging. you may find some clues there
you can also attach the logging to this post so we can help

Junkerstein
Level 1
Level 1

Firewall Blocking SNMP port from DNAC

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card