cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Traps

Scotland1314
Level 1
Level 1

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid

)

Hi Alex,

Has the devices been discoverd by whatch gold,If yes then try configure snmp-server enable traps snmp in switch and then see are you getting traps or not.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid

)

Hi Alex,

Has the devices been discoverd by whatch gold,If yes then try configure snmp-server enable traps snmp in switch and then see are you getting traps or not.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

Thank you my friend, What's up gold has discovered the devices, and

I have now input the command you suggested, I will report back on whether it works now or not.

Once again Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card