Views
Helpful
Replies

snmpv3 authpriv security level support on 3750 switch

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

Hi experts,

Maybe I haven't done enough research but I really need to get some info for the meeting in the next 1 hour!!!!

My lab 3750 switch doesn't seem to support auth+priv. It only supports the auth... However I need to the packets to be encrypted as well... So when I configure the user I don't have the "priv" option after the "auth" configuration.

NE-CORE(config)#snmp-server user The_user The_group v3 auth md5 The_passcode ?
  access  specify an access-list associated with this group
  <cr>

My switch is WS-C3750-24PS-S. It's running firmware C3750-IPSERVICES-M.Does the switch support it at all or I just missed some configuration? The followings are the entire snmpv3 configuration.

snmp-server engineID local 0000000001
snmp-server engineID remote <IP> 0000000002
snmp-server group The_group v3 auth
snmp mib community-map  switchback engineid 800000090300001DA2678C03

Thanks!

Difan

2 Replies 2

PETER EIJSBERG
Level 1
Level 1

I might be wrong, but check this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ios_xe/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_cfg_snmp_sup_xe.html#wp1201017

The command is snmp-server user username groupname [remote ip-address [udp-port port]] {v1 | v2c | v3 [encrypted] [auth {md5 | sha} auth-password]} [access access-list] so if you want privacy, I supposed you have to add the word "encrypted" before the keyword "auth"

Peter

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply! Actually it's because that my old firmware didn't have the "k9" or the encryption feature... I updated it with a newer firmware and it worked. The "encrypted" keyword or option is just for you to provide a hashed key.

Thanks anyway!

Difan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card