Views
Helpful
Replies

Some troubles importing a configuration on a Catalyst 1000 Series

KaTanow
Level 1
Level 1
I have to delete the post, my internship supervisor asks
to do so in case I accidentally give information on the network and it would cause big problems
since it is a psychiatric hospital.
Thank you all the same to all of you, you have at least enlightened me on the solution! If a moderator could delete the post that would be great. Have a great day/evening everyone!

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you want to connect with PuTTY through SSH (e.g.) , then you will need extra configuration commands , check this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst1000/software/releases/15_2_7_e/configuration_guides/sec/b_1527e_security_c1000_cg/configuring_ssh.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks you but im in a Serial connection and i don't have any problems with the connection, as i said, i have a problem importing a configuration ! 

But thank you for trying helping me !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VLAN 144 is missing from the VLAN database.

Add the following command:  ip tftp source VLAN 144

I think the command did his things but the connection from the switch to the PC is still missing, if u want some screenshots :

Catalyst 1000 has a USB Type-A slot which can be used to transfer files to- and from the switch using a ubiquitous USB flash drive.

Can you explains me more in details how can i do it please ? I'm a total beginner

- Get acquainted with this information : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst1000/software/releases/15_2_7_e/configuration_guides/sys_mgmt/b_1527e_sys_mgmt_c1000_cg/working_with_the___cisco_ios_file_system__configuration_files__and_software_images.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ok, so i jsut plug my USB key with the configuration i want to import into the switch, searched and searched but didn't saw any solutions on internet, even the forum marce1000 send me ! Did i have to do the thing where i unplug the switch electricity cable and replug it + press on the front button for 10+ sec ?

In the original post we are told that pc can ping the switch. That would seem to indicate that there is a connection between pc and switch. We are told that switch can not ping pc. That is not necessarily a problem. It is not unusual for a pc to be running a firewall which does not allow ping to the pc. To check this out please do this:

- ping switch from pc.

- on switch do show arp (or perhaps show ip arp depending on os) and post output

HTH

Rick

Thanks mate, i was scared that i screw something on the switch but hopefully there are guys that know how it work on forum like this ! there is the screenshot :

Thanks for the output. It was not what I expected. Can you confirm that the pc is able to ping the switch? Would you post the output of show interface status on the switch?

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card