cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH won't work on cat4500es8-universalk9.SPA.03.03.00.XO.151-1.XO.bin,

kdaramola
Level 1
Level 1

I just graded from none k9 code to k9 above but i was unable to config SSh  fesatures. Any suggestion

21 Replies 21

Yes 

Yes

but change the bootvar as u cab see below.

boot-start-marker
boot system flash cat4500es8-universalk9.SPA.03.03.00.XO.151-1.XO.bin
boot-end-marker

"Yes" as in you did leave the old IOS there ?

Note you can also just delete the old IOS and leave your configuration register as it is and assuming the crypto IOS is the only one there then you can just reload and it will use that.

However it's a better idea to leave the old IOS there as well at least until you can verify that the new IOS works.

Jon

If the configration register is 0x2101 it doesn't matter what you put in the bootvar , it is ignored.

For the switch to use the bootvar you need to set the configuration register to 0x2102 or do what i suggested in last post.

Jon

if i need to reload the switch  then I can not now. 

With either way i described a switch reload is necessary.

If you just want to check that this is the problem then do a "sh ver" and this will show you the IOS image the switch is currently running.

Jon

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.03.00.XO RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support:

http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 14-Aug-13 09:51 by prod_rel_team

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.03.00.XO RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 14-Aug-13 09:51 by prod_rel_team

Yes apologies you did post that a while back.

You are still running the original image ie you have -

cat4500es8-UNIVERSAL-M

but you should see -

cat4500es8-UNIVERSALK9-M

so change the configuration register and then, when you can, reload the switch and it should boot up with the crypto image.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card