●4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports

thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
could you please help me what the speed of the SFP port in this switch model:

The SFP port can support 100BaseFX SFP and regular 1 Gbps SFP.  

View solution in original post

Exactly. Altogether there are 4 ports. All of them can do 1gb, only 2 can do 10gb.

If you were to use one for 10Gb, then you are using 2 ports up. (even though 1 10Gb link is plugged in)

See below. If you use all 4 as 1gb it will be fine. If i decide to use port 2 as 10Gb then I will not be able to use port 1 for anything.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
could you please help me what the speed of the SFP port in this switch model:

The SFP port can support 100BaseFX SFP and regular 1 Gbps SFP.  

so I have 4 SFP ports with 1Gbps.

What about this module Catalyst 3750X, there are 4 SFP modules and two of them are:

- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports network module with four physical ports with two SFP+ and two regular SFP ports ( what it's mean by physical ports ?? how many ports exactly I have for SFP)

- Service Module with two 10GbE SFP+ ports network module for Netflow and MACsec encryption ( I have here just 2 SFP ports ? what it's mean by "Service Module with")

- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports network module with four physical ports with two SFP+ and two regular SFP ports ( what it's mean by physical ports ?? how many ports exactly I have for SFP)

You have several options:  

1.  You can have up to 4 SFP; or

2.  Two SFP+; or

3.  Two SFP and one SFP+

the third option why just 1 SFP+ ?

it's mentioned here:

two SFP+ and two regular SFP ports

isn't supposed to be 2 SFP+ and 2 SFP ?

Thank you so much Leo for your help :)

I think with the C3KX-NM-10G you can have x4 1gb SFP pluggable ports, or x2 10gb SFP+ ports.

I haven't tried or read anywhere, but you might be able to do x2 1gb port + x1 10gb port.

Hope this helps.

edit.. ah! Leo beat me to it :)

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

the same question for Leo :/

what about this model C3KX-SM-10G ?

You can only use one 10Gb per 2 ports, I think its for architecture/through-put performance reasons that this is the case.

The C3KX-SM-10G seems like it only offers x2 10Gb ports.

so this

3.  Two SFP and one SFP+

it's doesnt mean that we have 3 ports ( one 10 gb and 2x 1gb ) it's as you said ( one 10gb per 2 SFP ports ? )

it's 2 port SFP and one of them can be SFP+  ?

Exactly. Altogether there are 4 ports. All of them can do 1gb, only 2 can do 10gb.

If you were to use one for 10Gb, then you are using 2 ports up. (even though 1 10Gb link is plugged in)

See below. If you use all 4 as 1gb it will be fine. If i decide to use port 2 as 10Gb then I will not be able to use port 1 for anything.

very Clear now :)

thank you so much, many thanks Bilal

Sorry, I just woke up. 

Do I need to respond?  Bilal covered everything.  :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco