Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacked SG350x-48MP Units password reset

Pixelgraf
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me.

A system of 4 SG350x-48MP units is connected to the stack. The administration password no longer works.
I have already performed a password reset on a solo unit without destroying the configuration.
Can the same password reset procedure be used with putty with a stack of 4? Does anyone know the right way?
I might think like this:
Disconnect all 4 SW from the power and only start the master, renew the password with putty.
Then turn them all back on one after the other.

The most important thing is, that the configuration of the entire stack system is preserved.

small request - are there a limit on login attempts to the switch as an admin? Can I try out passwords I know as often as I want?

Thank you for your time

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If stack 4 device Turn off stack and only switch on Master switch and reset and once you have access bring rest of the device in the stack to devices to join the stack.

all the configuration in the master switch only - 

use below guide to reset the password :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4985-administrator-password-recovery-for-300-and-500-series-manag.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If stack 4 device Turn off stack and only switch on Master switch and reset and once you have access bring rest of the device in the stack to devices to join the stack.

all the configuration in the master switch only - 

use below guide to reset the password :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4985-administrator-password-recovery-for-300-and-500-series-manag.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you. 
I wasn't sure if it was the right way for connected switches too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card