Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking Cisco 9200 Catalyst switches (4 Member) with out stack cable

Hi,

We are setting up a new site office & as part of requirement  9200 Catalyst switches (4 members) are procured. Just want to know, is there any option to configured this 4 switches in stack without stack cable, as this switches will be placed in different locations.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For now i Say NO you can not do that.

I only see option above model of Cat 9K have stackwise virtual, not that i am aware Cat 9200 can support this feature. ( not tried it myself)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-stackwise-architecture-cte-en.html#_Toc13521186

you need to go with traditional Port-channel or Trunk to extend VLAN here

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you want the switches to be virutalised and share the same managment and control plane then you need to use StackWise. StackWise can be configured either with stacking cables, or StackWise Virtual using etherchannels. However the later is not available on the c9200 platform.

Given you topology you will need to connect the switches via fibre and rely on STP to give you a loop free topology.

cheers,

Seb.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
9200 DOES NOT support Switch Clustering (aka Horizontal Stacking/Single IP Management).
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card