Views
Helpful
Replies

stackwise 160

serge123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can you stack WS-C3650-24TS with WS-C3650-24TS-E?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Physically yes - but you really need the same licence on both switches, which means you would need to upgrade the licence on the WS-C3650-24TS to enterprise as well.

Otherwise if you have a failure and switch over to the non-enterprise licence switch all those advanced features you were using will suddenly disappear and probably leave you with a non-working environment.

So physically yes, practically no.

All my 3650 are using IPServices for licencing. I notice ios xe 3.7.x displays WS-C3650-24TS-E but switches with ios xe 3.6 and lower are displaying WS-C3650-24TS.

I will enable " software auto-upgrade enable " prior to adding the stack kit

Thanks

When it says -E, that means you bought it with IP Services.  Otherwise you have to add IP Services separately as a licence, but that doesn't change the part number.

As long as I have same software on switch in same stack I should be good

thank you

Here all switch have same licence but IOS XE lower then 3.7 does not display the -E

SWITCH A#sh license right-to-use
 Slot#  License name   Type     Count   Period left
----------------------------------------------------------
 1      ipservices   permanent     N/A   Lifetime

License Level on Reboot: ipservices

SWITCH A#sh mod 1
Switch  Ports    Model                Serial No.   MAC address     Hw Ver.       Sw Ver.
------  -----   ---------             -----------  --------------  -------       --------
 1       28     WS-C3650-24TS         <SNIP>        <SNIP>          <SNIP>       03.03.05SE  

=====

switch B#sh license right-to-use  slot 1

switch B#sh mod 1
Switch  Ports    Model                Serial No.   MAC address     Hw Ver.       Sw Ver.
------  -----   ---------             -----------  --------------  -------       --------
 1       52     WS-C3650-48TS         <SNIP>        <SNIP>         <SNIP>           03.06.04.E  

====

SWITCH C#sh license right-to-use slot 1

SWITCH C#sh mod 1
 1       28     WS-C3650-24TS-E       <SNIP>       <SNIP>          <SNIP>        03.07.02E  

Yes it does.  Here is an example of a switch running 3.6.5 showing that is is reporting it is the -E model.

#show module 1
Switch Ports Model Serial No. MAC address Hw Ver. Sw Ver.
------ ----- --------- ----------- -------------- ------- --------
1 32 WS-C3850-24T-E FCW20xxxxxx 2c0b.e908.xxxx V07 03.06.05E

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card