Helpful
Replies

stackwise  and solution

dhikra-marghli8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

first question :

if the port-channel fails , then i want to know which we will use as a solution ( architecture , or  design LAN )  to avoid port-channel fails ?

second question

in the technology stackwise  ( old ) , etherchannel is configured in port uplink or port downlink ?

third question ;

if either switch failed in tecnhlogie stakewise ( old )  , all network failed ==

> then what's the solution  replaces  ( old stakiwse )  and will be optimised  

i wait a reply from expert network

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @dhikra-marghli8 

First question :

To avoid port-channel failures, implementing redundancy and resilience in your network architecture is the way. This may involve using technologies like STP for loop prevention, implementing redundant links, and designing a robust network topology.

Second question :

EtherChannel can be configured in both uplink and downlink scenarios. In an uplink scenario, EtherChannel is typically used to bundle multiple physical links between switches or between a switch and a router. In a downlink scenario, it might involve aggregating links connecting to end devices like servers or workstations, endpoints!

Third question :

If a switch failure in stackwise causes a network-wide failure, you should consider to transitioning to newer technologies like Virtual Switching System called 'VSS' or stacking with enhanced features. These technologies provide improved scalability and resiliency, ensuring that a failure in one switch doesn't result in a complete network outage. Additionally, optimizing the network design and incorporating features like ECMP can enhance overall network performance and reliability.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do not put the physical ports all in one switch member.  

this is an answer to what question ? 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

#1 Fails how?

#2 Both.

#3 With StackWise, single member switch failure should NOT result in ALL network failure.

nor clear you answer 

i want answer clear for three question

Thanks

Well, I answered questions 2 and 3.

As to question 1, it was unclear.  Basically, I was asking what you considered a port-channel failure, as port-channel is used to avoid a single point of failure, especially on a multiple member switch stack.

amitpalsingh
Level 1
Level 1

first question :

if the port-channel fails , then i want to know which we will use as a solution ( architecture , or  design LAN )  to avoid port-channel fails ?  

Answer: If you have a stack of 4 switches , have one port from each switch as part of port-channel... if any of the switch fails your port-channel will remain up

second question 

in the technology stackwise  ( old ) , etherchannel is configured in port uplink or port downlink ?

It depends on your requirement , you can configure it both ways 

third question ;

if either switch failed in tecnhlogie stakewise ( old )  , all network failed ==

> then what's the solution  replaces  ( old stakiwse )  and will be optimised 

if primary and standby both switches fail then you have a problem, but if only one fail stack should be still up and running only down stack member users will be impacted

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @dhikra-marghli8 

First question :

To avoid port-channel failures, implementing redundancy and resilience in your network architecture is the way. This may involve using technologies like STP for loop prevention, implementing redundant links, and designing a robust network topology.

Second question :

EtherChannel can be configured in both uplink and downlink scenarios. In an uplink scenario, EtherChannel is typically used to bundle multiple physical links between switches or between a switch and a router. In a downlink scenario, it might involve aggregating links connecting to end devices like servers or workstations, endpoints!

Third question :

If a switch failure in stackwise causes a network-wide failure, you should consider to transitioning to newer technologies like Virtual Switching System called 'VSS' or stacking with enhanced features. These technologies provide improved scalability and resiliency, ensuring that a failure in one switch doesn't result in a complete network outage. Additionally, optimizing the network design and incorporating features like ECMP can enhance overall network performance and reliability.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Bravo , this is the answer that i want

it is very  very clear

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card