Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone, Our 3850 switches are encountering the bug of  CSCvc14038.We want to upgrade the switches Known Fixed Releases:(6)16.6.1Everest-16.5.116.5.116.5(0.138) I can't find any releases about 16.5.1 or 16.5(0.138) in 3850 ,I think the releases a...

Hi,I am trying to setup ntp and summer-time on my 3172-tq switch with NX-OS 9.3.7aI already setup ntp and timezone for Italy (CET 1 0), but do not see how to prpoperly setup summer-time.We change the daylight saving time on last sunday (march, octobe...

urbaman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have configured my switch Cisco Catalyst 2960 L ver.15.2(6) for login with Radius.aaa group server radius GRP-TESTserver name Present!aaa authentication login TEST group GRP-TEST localaaa authorization exec default localaaa authorization exec T...

Hello,I am new to scripting on Cisco switches, so I would need your help.On C1000 I am trying to create a tcl script that will shutdown all ports on the switch, if it receives Root guard blocking port Syslog message. From what I understand, this swit...

aales1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

recently had an in chassis standby sup fail and be replaced via our support contractors, Can I confirm with the community that replacement is literally remove failed unit and install the new one? I stumbled across the following. documentation and the...

i have a 3850 that directly connect to a firewall. i configured a default static route to the next hop ip which i configured on the firewall interface. I have ip routing enable. i configured "swichport mode trunk" on the cisco interface. I have multi...

PolarPanda by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am getting below error after powering ON the switch. I have also attached the logs file for complete logs review.CISCO SWITCH Ver7.17Device detected on 0:6:0 after 0 msecsDevice detected on 0:1:1 after 0 msecsDevice detected on 0:1:0 after 0 mse...

Hi all I stacked two C1000s, and set gi2/0/39-40 as etherchannel, the interface is default config, but an error message appears, do I need to do other settings?   switch(config)#interface range gi2/0/39-40switch(config-if-range)# switchport mode trun...

If we have stack of 2 X 9300 switches, stack needs to be renumbered, do we need to renumber the stack members to unused number first and reboot it multiple times to take slot renumbering Eg: sw1 is member 1 and sw2 is member 2 . End state requirement...

abhiram by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes