cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

StarTech GLC-TE prevents CBS220-24T-4G switch from booting

EdWCan
Level 1
Level 1

If a StarTech GLC-TE (GLCTEST) SFP module is inserted in the CBS220-24T-4G switch, the switch will not power up. Remove the SFP and the switch boots as it should. Insert the SFP in the switch after it is running, and the SFP works perfectly. 

The problem is if the switch is then powered down, you must remove the SFP before the switch with boot. 

Obviously this is not a workable scenario. StarTech has never heard of this (of course) and I can't find anywhere in the switch config to change any setting that might fix it. 

Firmware: 2.0.2.8

Boot ver 1.0.0.17

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks odd here, after rebooting it works before it is not... maybe the TAC case, (unfortunately they can not take it due to non cisco product of SFP).

how about some work around, by default make the port in shutdown mode, when the switch boot using scrip to no shutdown the ports ? is this works need to test ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

EdWCan
Level 1
Level 1

I did try your work around to shut the port down at initialization, but the switch will still not boot with the StarTech SFP installed in the slot. 

So I've given up on the StarTech SFP.

Apparently Axiom is a good bet, but will confirm first before gambling on it, or will just use Cisco. 

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card