cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

startup-config file open failed (Device or resource busy)

pascalmarti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the issue : startup-config file open failed (Device or resource busy). I do clear line 1 and clear line vty 0 but the issue persiste.

Version 12.2(55)SE7

FRB01SWR1#sh user
    Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
   1 vty 0     PMarti_adm idle                 01:54:13 10.2.236.116
*  2 vty 1     PMarti_adm idle                 00:00:00 10.2.236.116

Interface      User        Mode                     Idle     Peer Address

FRB01SWR1#clear line 1
[confirm]
 [OK]
FRB01SWR1#clear line vty 0
[confirm]
 [OK]
FRB01SWR1#

=> But issue, is still present

thank you a lot for your help.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe that I have seen symptoms like this when two people were in config mode at the same time. Can you verify that no one else is also attempting to access this config file? I have also seen symptoms like this that were not due to multiple concurrent sessions accessing the config and it took a reboot of the device to get startup config back to normal state.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

No it is my session "the same account", I quit my secure crt panel because the screen was fixed and I open another secure crt ssh session. But I cannot save from the run to the starup conf that s why I do not want to reboot the switch.

I am not clear what you mean when you say "I quit my secure crt panel because the screen was fixed" but it sounds like your previous session froze up. I wonder if that is what seems to have locked up access to startup config.

I understand not wanting to reboot if that means that you would lose config changes that you have made. Perhaps some other reader can suggest an alternative other than rebooting the switch. If not, then I suggest that you do show run, and copy and paste the config into a file. Then after the switch reboots you can copy and paste the changes back into the config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

Yes it is during a write mem and it froze.

I do it.  (copy and past into a file) and i thing I must reboot....

If someone know another tip ?

Pascool ;-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card