Views
Helpful
Replies

Static/OSPF Redistribution Fails for Specific Routes

Luke Robertson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ASA which is redistributing static routes into OSPF with a standard access-list and a route-map (seq 10). Mostly, this is working fine, however I have a problem where a few networks will not redistribute.

I have a summary network, 172.16.0.0/16 which is being redistributed. Another network, 172.16.1.0/24 will not redistribute. Other networks, such as 10.0.0.0/24 will redistribute without any problems.

I have tried adding a prefix-list to the route-map (seq 5) as a test, with 172.16.1.0/24 as the only route permitted, however there is no change.

When I look in the ospf database on the OSPF peer (Nexus 5k), the summary route is present, but the more specific route is not.

I am not using any route-filtering, and no route-maps / ACLs / prefix lists are set to deny.

Is there some reason that the ASA won't redistribute a more specific route into OSPF?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dukenuk96
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

Share your config from ASA, its IP routing table and LSDB contents please. In general, if you have redistributed summary route, the specific routes covered in this summary are not needed to be redistributed and/or advertised.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dukenuk96
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

Share your config from ASA, its IP routing table and LSDB contents please. In general, if you have redistributed summary route, the specific routes covered in this summary are not needed to be redistributed and/or advertised.

Hello, Luke.

Before you posted the whole config, confirm, please, that you've included the keyword "subnets" in redistribute command.

For example, 

router ospf 1

. . .

redistribute connected subnets

. . .

I do have the 'subnets' keyword included:

redistribute static metric 200 metric-type 1 subnets route-map REDIST

It appears the summary-route is the problem. It made sense a long time ago when I added it, however now it is causing me problems.

I now have the fun task of arranging a change-window to remove it...

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card