cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Route Not Observed (Except in a trace)

BroadcastStorm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am sure I've simply overlooked something but have a Cisco 877 that is connected to Provider A (Dialer1), Provider B (Ethernet - VLAN2) and LAN (VLAN1). Vlan1 is configured for ip nat inside, Vlan2 ip nat outside. Static routes have been added to direct a number of subnets to Provider B.

A trace from something on the LAN destined for one of the specific subnets looks right, goes out Provider B. Thats it though, if I hit port 80 on one of those IP's, tcpdump on the far side clearly shows the traffic is coming from Provider A IP Address (Ie. It took the default route out Dialer1)

This shouldnt be the case, the far side should see the request come from my Provider B address (Not that I believe its of relevance but provider B is a NAT'ed connection so I should not be seeing an IP assigned to my 877 but one within their network).

It was suggested its possible the NAT table still had current sessions but I have cleared this to no avail.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Can post a full config if needed.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Post your running and explain exactly what you want and what is the result you have.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Config is attached (Less anything that can identify me / services).

Per the attached anythng destined for 119.1.1.0/21 should go out Provider B. This is the case with a trace but if I attempt to hit a service on a IP in that /21 the far side sees the request from the IP on Dialer1.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card