Views
Helpful
Replies

Static routing Vs Policy base routing

itdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I have two internet connection from received different ISP's. I wish to manage that internet connections  concurrently with ASA 5516-X device. Also Static routing entry is there for ISP1's gateway and internet is allowed to LAN properly from ISP1's gateway. But i want to setup 192.168.174.3 <One of Lan Device > related traffic via ISP2's gateway.

However still no any static routing configuration or policy-base routing for ISP2's gateway on ASA. Just i want to know static routing entry required for ISP2's gateway if i configure policy-base routing.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Gayan,

In addition you can refer to the document in the below link which contains prerequists and restrictions for PBR.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15-0SY/configuration/guide/15_0_sy_swcg/policy_based_routing_pbr.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need a static route if you are using PBR. 

Jon

Hi Jon,

That means two PBR policy required for ISP1 and ISP2 or one PBR enough. Because i have two VPN connection with associate ISP1. Also what is the best practice regarding PBR?

Thanks & highly appreciate your support.

Thanks

Usually you have a default route pointing to your primary ISP and then you use PBR for traffic you want to go via the other ISP. 

Jon

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Gayan,

In addition you can refer to the document in the below link which contains prerequists and restrictions for PBR.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15-0SY/configuration/guide/15_0_sy_swcg/policy_based_routing_pbr.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card