cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Sup 7L Won't Upgrade IOS

I have a 4507R-E with dual Sup 7L-E that will not upgrade IOS. These two Sup's came with IOS XE 3.4 on them. I have copied the image for 3.9.1 to both supervisors and modified the config to 'boot system flash bootflash:<imagename>' then wrote the mem and copied running to startup. 

After the config sync to both sups, I do a 'redun reload shelf' and when the unit comes back up its still on 3.4. 

I've never had this issue before. The only thing that is different that my other Sup 7's is that these were Cisco refurbished and the others were new. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Kevin

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Community Legend

I have a 4507R-E with dual

I have a 4507R-E with dual Sup 7L-E that will not upgrade IOS. These two Sup's came with IOS XE 3.4 on them. I have copied the image for 3.9.1 to both supervisors and modified the config to 'boot system flash bootflash:<imagename>' then wrote the mem and copied running to startup. 

And what about the config-registry value?  Sup7/8 line cards are normally shipped with a config-registry value of "0x2101" instead of the recommended "0x2102". 

I would like to see the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version; 
  2. dir bootflash; and
  3. dir slavebootflash:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VIP Expert

Can you post "sh ver"? HTH

Can you post "sh ver"?

HTH

Hall of Fame Master

Could you also post any

Could you also post any console messages generated during the process.

HTH

Rick

If you found this post helpful, please let the community know by clicking the helpful button!
By doing so, and until end of January, you are helping Doctors Without Borders

I have a 4507R-E with dual

And what about the config-registry value?  Sup7/8 line cards are normally shipped with a config-registry value of "0x2101" instead of the recommended "0x2102". 

I would like to see the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version; 
  2. dir bootflash; and
  3. dir slavebootflash:

View solution in original post

Beginner

Was a config register issue.

Was a config register issue. Took it for granted that all of my others upgraded no problem. Thanks for the remind. 

Thanks for the update &

Thanks for the update & feedback, Kevin.

VIP Expert

That is exactly why I asked

That is exactly why I asked you to post sh ver

Good luck

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad