Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor 2T Upgrade Steps

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a document for the upgrade process of the Supervisor 2T to (s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.151-1.SY2.bin) when using the Console port. Also, I have the boot image (s2t54-boot-mz.SPA.151-1.SY2.bin) that I also want to upgrade my 2T which sits in a 6506E chassis. Does anyone know where I can find such a document? Also, are there any recommendations when attempting this?

Thanks                       

5 Replies 5

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Probably worth mentioning I have the document for the upgrade using TFTP but I undertsand you can perform the upgrade via the console too. Those are the instructions I am looking for.  (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080116ff0.shtml#maintask2)

Hi,

With sup-2T, you still have to use TFTP.  The USB port on Sup-2T is for CMP connectivity to the switch and can't be used for loading IOS.  You can use any of the Ethernet port to load the IOS from a TFTP server.

HTH

Thanks for your reply.

I've noticed none of the instructions for the upgrade (found in the release notes) match the actual locations (eg. no slot0 - and current image shows in bootdisk:). Is there a document that more closely matches what I will actually see when moving to the new IOS version?

Bootdisk is an internal CF card that is connected to the Sup. The only way you can see it is by taking out the sup module from the slot. Slot0 or is the CF that is external to the sup.

HTH

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I completed the upgrade on both of my Sup-2T's. The steps didn't appear at all like the document said they would though. My goal in using the document in the first place was to follow the best practice. If anyone finds a document other than the release notes upgrade process I'd love to have it just to verify I followed the best way to do it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: