cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported IOS-XE edition on 4500-X for CNA 6.3?

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 4500-X switches running IOS-XE version 3.8.1, and in Cisco Network Assistant 6.3 they don't appear to display correctly.

Yes, I know the host names say '4900.' I fixed that a moment ago, but that made no difference to this display. Also missing is a pair of 10G SFP cables linking the two switches, but I know they're connected and 'show cdp neighbor' displays the connection detail correctly.

Cisco's download assistant tells me the recommended software version is 3.6.5. I can install that instead if needed. By comparison, a stack of 3650s running 3.6.4 appear to display correctly. That didn't work; v3.6.5 of the IOS-XE software gives me the same display.

--

4 Replies 4

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up opening a ticket with Cisco TAC. So far, no progress, though one suggestion to try CNA 6.2 allowed an older 4507R switch to become visible.

--

I kinda run into the same issue. My 4500X pair are running 3.6.05e and CNA is 6.3.0. Did you receive any further information regarding the issue? Like a bug number?

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TAC reproduced the problem; apparently Leonardo's getting a worse result with no ports displaying at all. So we know this is a problem with Cisco Network Assistant.

I can deal with it until CNA gets fixed, since much of the functionality I need on the 4500-X pair needs the command line anyway.

--

Hi,

Did you have here some news?

Still the same on CNA 6.3.1.

Thanks an regards,

Norbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card