Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SWITCH configuration

Hi, I have problem why i can't ping the default-gateway of the new switch which i can configure using copy paste of SH RUN to the old switch. But i have a connection of the network because i can sent email and somebody can remote me but the default-gateway i cannot ping and when i  sh vlan, not all active vlan showing like in the old switch to much vlan showing when i type sh vlan. Please help me what is the lucking of my configuration. Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if the ports are up which inturn makes the vlan active.

Kindly check one of the vlans:-

example:-

show vlan id 10 >> then see if one of the interface is active.

REgards

Inayath

View solution in original post

Sounds like,you can't get to the management SVI of the switch.If the replacement is  same part number as old,have a look and make sure that you have the vlan created/defined and the svi is not shut down.Please fee to post the config without credentials and happy  to take a quick look at it

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if the ports are up which inturn makes the vlan active.

Kindly check one of the vlans:-

example:-

show vlan id 10 >> then see if one of the interface is active.

REgards

Inayath

Sounds like,you can't get to the management SVI of the switch.If the replacement is  same part number as old,have a look and make sure that you have the vlan created/defined and the svi is not shut down.Please fee to post the config without credentials and happy  to take a quick look at it

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card