Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch L3 + DSL router configuration

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i have a simple question , i have floor with 10 users with DATA vlan and VOICE vlan , WIRELESS vlan , my questions :

Basement floor Core switch fiber -----> my floor switch <--------my internet DSL router827

in this scenraio the switch in my floor will be as L2 or L3 ?

what is the configuration it will be in the switch if it is L3 ?

what is the configuration it will be in DSL router with Subinterfaces for each vlan ?

do have a sample for confiuration that can help for switch nad DSL router ?

thanks and regards

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

your floor switch should be connected to core switch which would be connected to DSL router.

on the DSL router, all you have to do is NAT every VLAN you want to go to the internet and connect router to core with a L3 routed port with a /32(dedicated subnet) then either use static routes for your vlan pointing towards the core or use a routing protocol like eigrp or ospf.

on the core, put the dsl router as the default-gateway with a static default route pointing towards the router.

In this case the floor switch is L2 and core is L3 doing the intervlan routing.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi cadet

please send to me sample configuration(show run) for L3 switch and dsl routerif you can

thanks

Why don't you post your L3 switch config and rouer config and we can help you point in the right direction on how to configure it.  If you are going to configure it I'm assuming you are going to support it too.  So its better if you actually learn how everything will work and configure it yourself with help from here instead of us just posting a full configuration for you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card