Index 2 Feature: ipbase
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Priority: Medium
License Count: Non-Counted

Index 3 Feature: lanbase
Period left: 0 minute 0 second

Is this possible to run ospf protocol of the current licence the switch have.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I'm reading your posted license information correctly, I believe you only have a permanent license for IPBase which I recall does not support full OSPF (I recall it might support a subset of OSPF for running a version of OSPF on the edge). Further, you could enable (it may already be active with 8 weeks and 4 days left on its "clock") IPServices, under an evaluation license, which should support all the OSPF features the platform supports, but that's would only be an temporary solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
yes

IP Base: Enterprise Access Layer 3 Switching, including OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) for routed access

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The full version of OSPF or just a subset? For a limited time or permanently?

Hi Joseph,
That's my quarry, is this licence is enough to run full ospf feature supporyed by Cisco

Thanks,

And one more point. I wanted to to run ospf permanently

If I'm reading your posted license information correctly, I believe you only have a permanent license for IPBase which I recall does not support full OSPF (I recall it might support a subset of OSPF for running a version of OSPF on the edge). Further, you could enable (it may already be active with 8 weeks and 4 days left on its "clock") IPServices, under an evaluation license, which should support all the OSPF features the platform supports, but that's would only be an temporary solution.

Thank you Joseph for your quick response. It's helpful.

Thanks Joseph for your quick response. It's helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card