cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch login

yaredo70
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting this message repeatedly when I'm trying to log in with a username and password on a switch.

%IGMP_QUERIER-4-SAME_SRC_IP_ADDR: An IGMP General Query packet with the same source IP address (X.X.X.X) is received in VLAN 999 on port Po2

I Don't have any information on how the switch is configured.

Any solutions? 

Yared.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @yaredo70 ,

the message says that an IGMP query messages using the same source IP address of the SVI interface VLAN 999 is received on port-channel 2.

We can say that the local device is configured either as IGMP querier for VLAN 999 or as a full multicast router for the same VLAN (Ip PIM )

The message can be the result of two different issues:

a) there is another device with duplicated address in the same VLAN sending IGMP queries (the igmp querier function is not able to elect a designated device, PIM is able to elect a PIM DR)

b) the device is actually receving back its own IGMP queries and this can the sign that a bridging loop is happening in VLAN 999

Hope to help

Giuseppe

yaredo70
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, Giuseppe. 

I'm also suspected the second one looping is happening but I can't even get into the see the configuration because I'm not able to put username and password on the login screen, it started automatically when you open putty.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card