switchport port-security violation restrict
switchport port-security aging time 2
switchport port-security aging type inactivity
switchport port-security

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

These commands are readily explained in Cisco documentation and or googling on them will return abundant 'help resources'.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@knaik99 hello

switchport port-security maximum 2

"Maximum number of mac address that this interface can learn"

switchport port-security violation restrict

"restrict – is identical with protect mode, but notifies you when a security violation occurs. Specifically, a SNMP trap is sent, a syslog message is logged and the violation counter increments."

switchport port-security aging time 2

"This provides for a MAC address to be removed from being learned after a configured amount of time"

switchport port-security aging type inactivity

"

There are two different methods of implementing secure MAC address aging, these include:

• Absolute—When using this method, secure MAC addresses are deleted after a specific aging time expires.
  • Inactivity—When using this method, secure MAC addresses are deleted only if the secure MAC address is inactive for a specific aging time.

"

switchport port-security

"The switchport security feature offers the ability to configure a switchport so that traffic can be limited to only a specific configured MAC address or list of MAC addresses."

Looks here Goods articles about:

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1722561

https://www.certificationkits.com/cisco-certification/ccna-articles/cisco-ccna-switching/cisco-ccna-port-security-and-configuration/

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card