Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am uploading a topology diagram here. I believe I have the answer already, but I am confused as to what I was seeing. During a switch replacement, I know it looks sloppy but this is not the end result. Switch B has loopguad enabled globally. it shu...

leejm1988 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Apologies if this is in the wrong  - this new layout is not the most intuitive.   We have upgraded a stack of 3850 switches to 16.3.6 from 3.6.3 where we used 802.1x for authenticating workstations attaching to the network. After the upgrade there ar...

sdawson35 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings   While i have some knowledge of ccna, ive spent afew days now unsuccessfully configuring this 2960x switch to let its 2nd vlan access the internet (via going through vlan 1 into the primary LAN)   I have two vlans: vlan 1 (default) - 172.1...

Nick8 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,   I have a problem receiveing a multicast stream on a same vlan. My toplolgy - attached too - is as following:   SW1: configured with one vlan (vlan 80) and two hosts (host for multicast stream and the other for receiving, Rcvr -01. S...

I have a 2911 with a EHWIC-VA-DSL & EHWIC-D-8ESG.I had a look at configuration examples for the -8ESG and it looked pretty fierce to someone who doesn't speak IOS like a native. Is there a simple configuration that will let it work as a simple 8-port...

MikeRoss by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I've just set up a new switch stack of 3 using Cisco 9300s. Can someone please inform me how to actually prioritise the master and member switches?   I've tried several things and it keeps electing switch 3 as the 'Active' switch, rather tha...

m.s.rees1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes