Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch selection

Lijo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In a building ground floor has 150 users using LAN ...The floor has 2 network rack... One rack consists 1 distribution switch and 5 access switch. The second rack consists 3 access switch .....the second rack switchers connects through fiber from distribution switch.... 

approximately same number of users required for the building of first floor, second and third floor............................................. 

Total four floor...........and there is one core switch at first floor..............please help me to select switches like cisco......access switch my first option cisco cbs 350.....but distribution switch require minimum 4 fiber 1g port for second rack switches in that floor, minimum  5 copper ports and minimum 2x 10g fiber uplink to core switch..........................and  require 10g switch for core switch.........Please suggest me switches for best performance

4 Replies 4

Hi

I'd say the proper model for distribution and Core would be 9500 but it will increase the cost of the project considerably. 

If you a looking for something not so fancy considering the size of the network,  I'd suggest C9200-24PXG for Distribution (24 ports full PoE+ 8 mGig ports up to 10G, 16 ports up to 1G) and the Core could be a Catalyst 9300L (12x10G)

Lijo
Level 1
Level 1

access switch ..cisco cbs 350

distribution switch... min 2xSFP+ uplink to core switch+ min 4xsfp port+ min 5x 1g copper port

core switch.. min 4x sfp+ ports and min 2 copper ports...........................

the budget is low so please suggest economical switch

The models I suggest is probably the most economical. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card